Payday Loan Refunds
Payday Loan Refunds
If you have had or currently have a Payday loan and you feel the payday lender may have acted irresponsibly when you initially borrowed from them or throughout your lending relationship causing you financial difficulty, contact us so we can assess your individual case to check if you have a potential claim.
Even if you have already paid back your loan, you may still be able to get your money back.
Complaints against payday lenders
Several payday loan companies have been criticised for selling loans that were unaffordable.
During the first six months of 2015, the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) upheld 71% of all complaints made against Wonga and 80% of complaints against Quick Quid – compare that with 29%, the average for all banking and credit companies.
As a result of these complaints:
- Wonga has agreed to refund customers who were not given thorough enough affordability checks (Source )
- Cash Genie has agreed to pay back £20 million to over 92,000 customers (Source )
- The company that owns Quick Quid and Pounds to Pocket has agreed to refund £1.7 million to its customers (Source )
- The company behind The Money Shop, Payday UK, Payday Express and Ladder Loans has agreed to refund £15.4m to 147,000 customers (Source )
Am I eligible for a payday loan refund?
At Money Management Team, we can contact your lender on your behalf and determine if you are eligible for a refund.
- If you are still paying off your loan — we will try to have your loan written off in full, and reclaim all payments, interest & charges
- If you have already paid back your loan - we will try to get back interest and charges you have paid
Payday Loan Refunds – Frequently Asked Questions
What is a payday loan?
Payday loans are small, unsecured loans designed to be paid back in a short space of time – usually one month. They are intended to make up for a cash shortfall before payday, and often incur large amounts of interest if they are paid back late.
How can I apply for a payday loan refund?
You can do it yourself, or engage an authorised claims company like Money Management Team to handle the process for you.
How can Money Management Team help with my payday loan?
If we think you may be eligible, we can contact the lender and begin the claim process on your behalf.
Will Money Management Team charge a fee?
If you choose to enter into any of our reclaim services our fee for a successful claim is 30%‡ + VAT. We work on a no win no fee basis.
I’m in arrears with my payday loan. Can I still get a refund?
If you were sold a payday loan that wasn’t affordable, we will seek to have the entire loan written-off and any payments refunded. It doesn’t matter if you are in arrears.
Money Management Team is a member of the Professional Financial Claims Association (PFCA). Members of the PFCA undertake to work to the highest ethical and professional standards when dealing with consumers, financial institutions and other parties associated with the process of Financial Dispute Resolution Management.
Click here to read more about the PFCA.
Money Advice Service
You can get free debt advice from the Money Advice Service – an organisation set up by the Government to offer free and impartial advice to those in debt. Click here for more information.