Download Complaints Procedure PDF

We want you to be happy with the service provided, and our aim is to provide an excellent service to all of our customers, but we recognise that things can occasionally go wrong. We take all complaints seriously and aim to resolve them swiftly.

How to complain

Complaints may be made via telephone to 01925 552 923 or 0800 103 2615 via email to OR; in writing to the below address, in respect of a service that we have provided or failed to provide under the Compensation Act 2006

Money Management Team – Complaints Team
Ribban Court,
20 Dallam Lane,
Warrington, Cheshire


If your complaint is resolved by the close of business 3 working days following receipt, you will receive confirmation of this along with your rights for further escalation should you subsequently remain dissatisfied.

If your complaint is not resolved within the above timeframe the following process will be followed

  1. Money Management Team will send you written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of the receipt of the complaint, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint. This will include a copy of our internal complaint procedure. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint.
  2. Within four weeks of receiving the complaint, we will send you either:
    • A final response adequately addressing your complaint points; or
    • A holding response, which explains that we are not yet in a position to provide you with a final response. It will also give you an indication of when you should expect to receive your final response.
  3. Within eight weeks of receiving the complaint, we will send you either:
    • A final response adequately addressing your complaint points; or
    • A response which explains why we are still not in a position to provide a final response; this will give you reasons for the further delay and will give you a further date when to expect a response. At this stage the letter will advise that you may refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman for Reclaims Services complaints, Financial Ombudsman for Debt Advice complaints or the Insolvency Service for Individual Voluntary Arrangement ( IVA) complaints if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
  4. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible, and will comply with any offer of redress that you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress, but could involve an apology or another suitable form of redress.
  5. If you are not satisfied with our final response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer your complaint to:

For Reclaims Services complaints

If you wish to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman this should be done within six months of the date of your final response.

Call 0300 555 0333 between 8.30am to 5.30pm Mon – Fri
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines.

If you are calling from overseas please call +44 121 245 3050
NGT Lite users: 18001 0300 555 0333
Minicom text phone user: 18002 0300 555 0333


Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6804
Tel: 0300 555 0333

Please note:

Do not send original documents to the Legal Ombudsman. They will scan any documents you send us to make computer copies and then destroy the originals.

For Debt Advice complaints
You have the right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), but must do so within six months of the date of our final response. We will provide you with a FOS leaflet titled ‘Your Complaint and the Ombudsman’ along with our final response. This leaflet outlines how to complain to FOS and how their complaints process works.

By Telephone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123
By Email:

By Post:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

For Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) Customers
If you have a complaint about the way your Individual Voluntary Arrangement has been handled, you can contact the Insolvency Service – the Government agency responsible for authorising and regulating the insolvency profession.
The Insolvency Service has set up a ‘Gateway’ service on their website for customers to report complaints via the completion of an online form. This can be found at the link below:

Once completed, this form can either be printed and posted to the Insolvency Service, or saved as a PDF and emailed to them, via the details below:

By Post:
IP Complaints
Insolvency Service
3rd Floor
1 City Walk
LS11 9DA

By Email:

If you have any queries about the Insolvency Service complaints process, you can call their enquiry line (open Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:00pm) on 0300 678 0015.